About the GCV Action Fund
The Georgia Conservation Voters Action Fund runs independent campaigns to elect environmental champions who will prioritize just and equitable climate solutions, and to defeat candidates who will undermine environmental progress.
We support Georgia candidates running for state, county, city, and local seats. Our endorsements help Georgia voters understand which candidates are truly committed to standing at the forefront of the fight against climate change and environmental pollution.
All candidates running for public office are invited to apply for our endorsement!
The endorsement process for the 2024 election has not begun. Please check back here in the Spring for our questionnaire!
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Endorsements are announced twice a year: In April before the May Primary Election, and in August before the November General Election.
About the GCV Action Fund Endorsement Process
- The GCV Action Fund does not endorse in every race.
- We seriously consider endorsing and supporting candidates from all political parties and encourage candidates to be bold in their support for protecting the environment and addressing climate change.
- Questionnaires are prepared by members of the GCV team, our board members, and partners in the environmental community throughout the state.
- GCV staff makes the best efforts to obtain questionnaires from all qualified candidates in races where GCV Action Fund is considering making an endorsement.
- We may request interviews from candidates seeking endorsement to further clarify questionnaire responses.
- After a candidate is formally approved for endorsement, candidates will be notified directly.
- If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us.
Help us protect Georgia’s natural landscapes by changing its political landscape.
GCV Action Fund supports candidates who are serious about addressing the climate crisis and fighting for climate justice. Electing new leadership is our best chance to solve the climate crisis unfolding here in Georgia, and we really need your help. With a shrinking window to act, there is still so much to do. Please support GCV Action Fund’s critical work to elect candidates who will protect our planet and communities.